My practice as a trial lawyer includes counsel to high-profile individuals, athletes and celebrities, as well as businesses. I represent clients in areas such as:
Domestic Relations, Sports & Entertainment Law, and International Hague matters: domestic violence, domestic disputes (including same sex couples), prenuptial/antenuptial and post nuptial agreements; paternity, disestablishment of paternity, custody, child support, alimony, palimony, modification, international kidnapping, jurisdictional disputes, surrogacy and relocation, mediations, marital/domestic business disputes.
Real Estate Litigation: all litigation involving real estate transactions including but not limited to Interstate Land Sales Act ("ILSA"), Florida's Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act ("FDUTPA"), purchase contract violations, fiduciary obligations and negligent and fraudulent misrepresentation.
Banking & Lending: represent large national and international banks and subprime mortgagors in short sales, mortgage foreclosures (both residential and commercial), loan modifications, credit card transactions, leasing, state and federal defense and in class actions throughout the country.
Complex Commercial Litigation: Ms. Gervais represents companies and individuals in insurance disputes; corporate fraud, business disputes, fiduciary obligations, contractual disputes, fraud and misrepresentation.
Honors and Awards:
• Listed as a "Rising Star" and one of the "Top 40 Attorneys Under 40 in South Florida," Daily Business Review, 2013
• 2013 Commendation from Dade County Bar, Put Something Back and Legal Aid thanking Ms. Gervais for long term dedication to the pro bono community
• Listed as a "Future Star" for Florida by Benchmark Litigation, 2013
• Listed in Florida's Super Lawyer's Rising Stars, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014
• In 2007, Ms. Gervais received the prestigious Domestic Violence Award for her pro bono work with victims of domestic violence from Put Something Back, the 11th Circuit for Miami-Dade County and the Miami-Dade County Bar Association
• Dade County Bar Recognition for Service Award, 2000-2001, 2004-2005, and 2005-2006
Board Memberships and Civic/Charitable Activities:
• Sports Lawyers Association
• Sports Club of Tampa Bay
• Family Law Section, Florida Bar
• Entertainment, Arts & Sports Law Association, Florida Bar
• Real Property, Probate & Trust Law, Florida Bar
• Trial Lawyers, Florida Bar
• Dade County Bar Association
• Florida Hospital Tampa Foundation Board of Trustees Member
• Past Board Member of Children's Psychiatric Center, Inc.
• Past VP & President-Elect for DFYIT (Drug Free Youth in Town), Board Member of the Year, 2005
• Past Chair of the Dade County Family Court Steering Committee
• University of Miami Alumni Club
• Central Michigan University Alumni Club
Selected Speaking Engagements
• Host, “Key Issues in the Business of Sports”, a roundtable discussion with leading executives from professional and collegiate sports, including Assistant General Counsel from The University of Miami; Director of Legal & Government Affairs for the Miami Dolphins; Senior Vice President & General Counsel of the Miami Marlins; Vice President & Associate General Counsel Executive Office of the Miami Heat and Moderated by Wharton Professor and Director of the Wharton Sports Business Initiative. June 2014
• Guest, "'You are the Father!' - What Steps Can Athletes and Celebrities Take When Paternity is an Issue?" SportsLaw10 Podcast, March 2013
• Guest, "Athletes and Romance: Prenuptial Agreements," SportsLaw10 Podcast, February 2013